Rss

The Annual Scholarship Dinner by: Tricia Bair

Every year multiple organizations and clubs offer the Springfield high school senior graduates scholarships that can range from $100- $3,000. These students are encouraged to apply for these scholarships and to do so some require an essay and can include lengthy applications. Almost every scholarship has requirements that each student has to qualify for before applying. These are requirements that are set by the people that are offering the scholarship. It is worth it to put the time and effort to apply because you could never know if you will win.
Every student that has a GPA of 3.0 was invited to attend the annual scholarship dinner on Monday, May 15, 2017 at St. Paul’s Church in New Middletown.This year there was a great turnout of students and there were many scholarships awarded. The total amount of scholarships received was $42,500. This is a wonderful testament to the hard work of our students and generosity of those that offer scholarships to them.
With so much money being offered as local scholarships, the amount is even greater because of the college scholarships that are given to students as well. Scholarships are a great way to get some college paid for and to diminish future school loans. We thank them clubs and organizations that participate in giving our seniors the recognition for their hard work.