Band and Choir Prepare for Contest

Jarrett Orbin

The Springfield Local Band and Choir are in the final stages of preparing for contest. The Band will travel to Boardman High School on March 9th to perform pieces such as “Canto,” “Westridge” and “Big Four.” The choir will sing “I Want to be Ready,” “Set me as a Seal” and “Hold Me, Rock Me” the following day on March 10th at Boardman High School.

Later on in the day the women’s chorus will perform “The Bird with One Wing,” “Kyrie” and “Psalm 67.” Anyone is welcome to come and support our school’s musical groups on those days. All of the musical groups a have a goal to earn a 1 at contest which is considered to be excellent and the best score anyone can earn. The band last year received a 2; however, it was a very close call. This year the Band and Choir both sound phenomenal and Springfield wishes them the best of luck.

When Mitchell Miglets, a Freshman Trumpet player, was interviewed about the  band he stated, “Everyday, the members of the band show up to class with a positive attitude and the focus needed to get better.” Justin McLemore, a freshman trombone player, was also asked about the band, to which he said, “I am really excited to be a part of this band. We sound pretty decent and I am looking forward to my first year at contest.”

To those who are competing in contest on March 9th at Boardman High School, our students and faculty wish you luck and cannot wait to hear about your successful performance.